Player Survey 1
Below are some points I would like all the players to take a moment and rate. These are all rated on a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 meaning that you agree wholeheartedly or the point earns the highest degree of importance to you. Anyone wishing to make their survey private just email me your results.
Any information you are willing to provide me with will be of great help.
Thank you for your participation in this!
1. To what degree do the following story arches inspire you the most?
a. Political intrigue
b. Damsel in distress
c. Treasure hunting
d. Monster hunting
2. To what degree to you enjoy the following settings for adventuring?
3. Role playing mundane activities means a lot to the game? i.e.. merchants, gathering information, etc.
4. I think secretly rolled perception checks and other DM rolled checks for characters are necessary for the realism and enjoyment of the game.
5. Players be able to communicate about the strategies of their characters even though the characters are separated from one another in the game and unable to communicate effectively?
6. Playing in an all good aligned group is important to you ?
7. Combat is the highlight of the gaming experience for me.
8. Having my characters background incorporated into the campaign in some respect is important and fun to me.
9. I think individual experience is a good idea.
10. There should be gun powder as a common material in the campaign world.
Replace the “x” with the apprpriate rating
[*MrWakka: Gunpowder isn’t important, and I wouldn’t like it to be widespread in that you see city guards using muskets, etc. However in a naval game, I think cannons add something to ship combat, and from a PC perspective a adventurer and/or occasional enemy isn’t bad. The Gunslinger is a cool class.)
_[*NeoFax: 4) I think Perception, Sense Motive, Diplomacy, Knowledge… should have a standard kinda like how 4E does it (basically take 10 unless the character wants to actively do something). 5) This is metagaming pure and simple. I understand some metagaming will happen no matter what, but discussing strategy/tactics when your chracter isn’t there breaks the sense of realism. 6) I have no problems with mixed alignment as long as alignment is not used to justify why the character did something. i.e. Rogue stealing from the party getting caught and then using “I am CN”. Sorry, that is not a valid excuse. However, saving up to buy X or using it to fund his/her guild or such is. Same is true for the Paladin effect (Lawful Stupid).